Shoes for Bunions
Having bunions can make it harder to find shoes that fit properly; bunions may force a person to have to buy a larger size shoe to accommodate the width the bunion creates. When bunion deformity becomes severe enough, the foot can hurt in different places even without the constriction of shoes because it then becomes a mechanical function problem of the forefoot.
Shoes for Bunions need extra width and depth at the front of the shoe, but have a closer fitting heel to ensure the shoes do not slip.
Sandpiper shoes are designed exactly like that, with the last shape being wider at the front, yet narrower at the heel to avoid the heel slipping. Sandpiper offer fittings from extra wide 4E (EEEE) all the way up to ultra wide 8E (EEEEEEEE) fitting, with a unique fitting system to adjust the shoe to each foot individually. This is ideal where one bunion is more pronounced than the other, as the shoe can be adjusted to accommodate.
Bunions are very painful if the shoe is tight, or rubs the foot. Sandpiper shoes are ideal for bunions as they include styles that are virtually seam-free, ensuring there is no stitching to rub or irritate the foot, and the super soft leather uppers ‘give’ to ensure the bunion is accommodated comfortably without feeling tight. So if you’re looking for Shoes for Bunions, try a pair of Sandpiper shoes, and find the true meaning of Comfort beyond Compare.
A bunion (hallux valgus) is a deformity characterized by lateral deviation of the great toe, often erroneously described as an enlargement of bone or tissue around the joint at the head of the big toe (metatarsophalangeal joint). As the great toe (hallux) turns in toward the second toe (angulation) the tissues surrounding the joint may become swollen and tender.
The term is used to refer to the pathological bump on the side of the great toe joint. The bump is partly due to the swollen bursal sac and/or an osseous (bony) anomaly on the mesophalangeal joint (where the first metatarsal bone and hallux meet). The larger part of the bump is a normal part of the head of first metatarsal bone that has tilted sideways to stick out at its top.
Follow this link to view the full range of ladies footwear suitable for bunions.
- Susie Ladies Stretch Slipper£48.95 £40.79 PLUS VAT
- saleTim Men's Open Shoe£93.95 £78.29£58.29-£78.29PLUS VAT
- Todd Men's Shoe£99.95 £83.29 PLUS VAT
- Tony Men's Shoe£93.95 £78.29 PLUS VAT
- Travis Men's Stretch Shoe£89.95 £74.96 PLUS VAT
- Tully Men's Shoe£99.95 £83.29 PLUS VAT
- Vera Ladies Bootie Slipper£39.95 £33.29 PLUS VAT
- Walmer Ladies Stretch Shoe£84.95 £70.79 PLUS VAT
- Wardale Ladies Shoe£84.95 £70.79 PLUS VAT
- saleWelling Ladies Shoe£29.95 £24.96 PLUS VAT
- Welton Ladies Shoe£84.95 £70.79 PLUS VAT
- Wesley Men's Open Flat PU Slipper£57.95 £48.29 PLUS VAT
- saleWilby Ladies Shoe
- saleWilson Ladies Slip-On Shoe
- Wyn Ladies Open-Flat Slipper£49.96 £41.63 PLUS VAT
- Zurich Ladies Shoes£89.95 £74.96 PLUS VAT